Walking around Rome on my first day I stopped at a gelato shop to try some of the famous Italian ice cream. Continuining on my way and thoroughly enjoying the treat I came around the corner and WOW! there was the Colosseum and loads of other ancient ruins. I took a self portait with them in the background and then inspiration hit! Instantly I knew what I needed to do... A special project highlighting the best of Rome: history AND food. Since Italian gelato is rumored to be the best in the world I decided I would do a photo journal of myself eating this delightfully yummy summer treat in front of various historical monuments. Like any worthwhile endeavor it required careful planning. I decided I could reasonably eat 2 gelatos a day, for a total of 7 photos. This was not a project to be taken lightly! (ha ha no pun intended). It would take a financial investment (about $25), a degree of risk (possible tightening of the jeans), and careful studying of the map. And not to forget: dedication and perseverance. All in all I am pleased with the results! (And since I think I averaged about 10 miles a day of walking the jeans still fit ok). :)

Templo Adriano (lemon and strawberry)
This is my last (planned) gelato of the trip...and it turned out to be the best one!

Yum.

Fontane del Tritone (chocolate and fruit of the forest)
The final one (again). I had just finished my first final one when I met a fun guy from Canada. We chatted for a while and then he asked me if I wanted to go get a gelato. Duh. It is not in my power to turn down ice cream. (And I am pretty sure that is my money belt, not my gut that is creating that roll effect in this shot).
Lake Albano (Raspberry and chocolate with cream on top)
Il Vitorrio Emanuele (fruit of the forest and raspberry)
St. Peters Basicila, Vatican (pistaccio and kiwi)
Trevi Fountain (chocolate and nutella marble)
Pantheon (cherries and cream, raspberry)

Colosseum (watermelon and mango)
Oh BTW I made it safely to Doha, Qatar!
ReplyDeleteGelato Trail... I LOVE it! Looks like you're having a great time.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS!!! What a great, creative collection :0) You're too cute!
ReplyDeleteA completely awesome post! I love this one, and wish I could have bites of them all.
ReplyDeleteYOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSURRRREEE it was the money belt. :). Looks yummy. great project!
ReplyDeleteThat looks way better than the soft serve from the dorm freshman year! I love all your food post. Hope you are having an amazing time!!
ReplyDelete