the famous Trevi fountain
I stopped by a pastry shop this morning and almost left thinking I didn't need that junk. Then I stopped and said (to myself), "No, Katherine. It is your responsibility to try this pastry. There are people waiting to read about how you are making the most of this Rome experience. You cannot let them down." It was delicious. The things I do for my friends...Rome. Is. Awesome! Actually I have a confession. When I was looking at destinations for this trip and Rome came up I thought, "Yes, I definitely want to go there. Pizza, pasta, gelato... it's a must stop." It wasn't until we were watching a video on ancient Rome the next day in school that it really hit me...Rome is a really important historical city! ...Vatican, colesseum, famous artists, etc. Of course I knew the historical value of Rome but to be truthful my main motivation was originally the food. And it hasn't let me down!
Neither have the sights. It is unbelievable how many incredible things there are to see here. It seems that every time I turn a corner I am saying, "WOW!" I have a hostel in the city so I have spent the last 2 days wandering around and then coming back completely exhausted. I must have walked 15 miles already! I have a great map listing the major sites so I just wander around a while and then check to see where I am and wander some more. The funny thing is I come across so many beautiful buildings that are not even listed on the tourist maps. There is definitely no shortage of things to do!
Sounds like you're having a great time in Rome! :) I'm so jealous! And PLEASE keep eating pastries! Hahaha
ReplyDeleteYou make me smile. I LOVED your pastry reasoning! :) I also love that you make friends wherever you go!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had the pastry, for us. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so awesome, making friends everywhere. Love the pictures!
Thanks! Now I am focusing on ice cream... :)
ReplyDeleteOoh...have two scoops for me! I'm so happy that you are having so much fun! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThey one thing I didn't like about touring in a foreign country was hauling the backpack everywhere....but, then again...you are in better shape than I :) and all that food barely covers the loss of calories from all that walking!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking one for the team!!! Love the pics! Please eat more good food for me! Did you toss a coin into the fountain?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're having a blast. Italy is on my list of places to visit someday....and now i just might have to go kayaking there!!!
ReplyDelete