Travels- (Red previous trips, blue 2011)

Blue lines/markers are for the summer 2011 trip. Red is for past places I have visited in the past. Thanks for all the great tips on how to make this!
View Travel destinations in a larger map

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 5 - Adios USA






It feels good to be back in the "motor city". I smiled today when I realized that all ten of the vehicles currently owned by my family are Fords. (Thanks to Alicia coming back from the dark side). It took a few years of living in Texas but I am now able to accept that even good people can drive foreign cars. :) Still, I love being in Ford country.

Though I do miss being back in the "backbone of America" (that's for you Julie) I do not miss the weather! On Friday the high was 67. Not okay for this Texas blood.

This weekend we went to the Howell balloon festival where they launched 30+ hot air balloons. We also tie-dyed shirts (I'm hoping customs doesn't have a problem with my purple tinted hands), watched fireworks, drank some "pop", witnessed a UFO, visited my brothers new house, saw a movie, played "Thomball" (which looks a lot like what the world calls dodgeball, but my sister is adamant my family made up) and ate a lot of junk food. Great fun! (Ryan would be disappointed if I did not include the UFO part. Granted I have no explanation for the "unidentified flying objects" but I am still not fully sold on his theory). :)

In a few hours I leave for Spain. I will arrive in Madrid Tuesday morning and travel around there until evening when I will take a bus to my Aunt Mona's in Valencia (about 4 hrs). I did a study abroad in Spain many years ago but my unfortunately my Spanish is very much lacking these days. Should be interesting!

PS I would like to post a map where I can label the places I will visit. If anyone has ideas about how I can do this please let me know!

Hasta Luego!

2 comments:

  1. There's totally a way to do the map that you're talking about, but I'm just not sure how (never gone enough places for it to matter)! Let me ask around though and see if I can figure something out. Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KT! If you have a google account, you should be able to create your map using their map tool. I've copied a link that should explain this. Check out the how to video and good luck! http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=62843

    ReplyDelete