Travels- (Red previous trips, blue 2011)

Blue lines/markers are for the summer 2011 trip. Red is for past places I have visited in the past. Thanks for all the great tips on how to make this!
View Travel destinations in a larger map

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Almost here!



Tomorrow is day 1 of my around the world adventure: 3 states, plus 7 countries in 47 days! And yes, I have asked myself on multiple occasions, "What was I thinking?!?!" I'm 90% excited, 10% nervous (though to be honest the nervousness is mostly pertaining to my digestive health in India). ;)

Many people have asked how this adventure came about. Some companies do what's called a "round the world" trip which is essentially a series of one way tickets, working in free stopovers when possible. I knew I wanted to visit my family in Spain and a friend in Malaysia so I just decided to make a few stops in between! And for those of you that are curious (because I know many of want to know but are afraid to ask) the airfare cost $3000. No I did not rob a bank, or sell a kidney. It is just my ... um... "frugal" nature finally paying off.

Here's the breakdown of the trip:

June 23- 27 Michigan
June 27- July 4 Spain
July 4-8 Rome
July 8-10 Qatar
July 10-22 India/Nepal
July 22- Aug 1 Thailand/Malaysia
Aug 1-4 Hawaii
Aug 4-8 California

8 comments:

  1. YAY! Im so excited to follow you! You better keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited, for your trip, and your blog! Mostly I'm excited that I will get to see you soon. Be safe and have fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I can't wait to blog-stalk you!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you are going to blog. I can't wait to hear all about it. Although I am a little bummed you won't be here for 4th of July again. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to follow your adventure, keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Stella was purchased when Ford and Nissan were talking about merging so I will forever stand by my decision......
    Second, there are very strong differences between Thomball and what the rest of the world calls "dodgeball". I just can't think of any at this time. I hope you are having a great trip in spain and hopefully there was no shedding creepy guy on the plane this time.
    I love you lots, Alicia
    P.s. I really want to know more about the UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that is a great list of places to be going. I bet you will love all of them. I loved Thailand when i went last year. So excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to believe you are halfway through your destinations this week! Pretty fantastic all you've done so far :) Best of luck, we'll check back in on you in Malaysia :)
    x Alisha & family

    ReplyDelete